The EM-200-25 Speed and Position Sensors trainer is used to demonstrate the operation, diagnosis and testing of common types of analog and digital speed and position sensors as they operate on a real vehicle all in one convenient place. The trainer provides a safe and effective method of demonstrating the operating principles of different types of speed and position sensors that are common on today’s cars and trucks normally used for wheel speed, engine speed and vehicle speed.
NOTE: An oscilloscope is needed to view the four different signals generated with this product. Ask your ConsuLab consultant for our recommended scope setup.
• Turnkey product with complete curriculum and courseware
• Demonstrates full functionality of both analog (passive) and digital (active) speed and position sensors
• Electronically controlled variable speed drive motor allows sensor operation from zero RPM through both steady and variable speeds
• Magneto-resistive magnetic strip sensor can detect instant movement of rotation or 0 kph/mph
• Allows full diagnosis and testing with DVOM and oscilloscope
• Switches allow the sensor to be disconnected/connected in the circuit for real-world testing purposes.
• Allows student demonstrations of the operation, diagnosis and testing of:
– CKP (Crankshaft Position Sensors)
– CMP (Camshaft Position Sensors)
– VVT (Variable Valve Timing) sensors
– ABS Wheel speed sensors (all types)
– RPM and Vehicle Speed sensors
• Provides clear visualization of sensors without access limitations of a vehicle
• Sensor test receptacles for hookup of DVOM and Oscilloscope
• Radial analog (passive) inductive sensor with adjustable air gap to show effects on operation
• Digital Hall-Effect sensor
• Radial and axial digital (active) magneto-resistive sensors (adjustable radial sensor to show effect on operation)
• Equipped with sensor disconnect switches for separate testing of both harness side and/or component side of sensor
• Trainer has a bench top design that allows clear student visualization of sensor operation, diagnosis and testing
• Electronically controlled variable speed electric drive motor
• 120V AC/DC power supply included