The EC-490 is a cutaway diesel exhaust system trainer that allows students to view the components of a diesel exhaust aftertreatment system using LED’s and electronic controls to help learners understand the function, and effect on, diesel engine exhaust gases following the combustion cycle. The trainer uses multiple colored LED’s to represent the gases that flow in the exhaust system and, demonstrates the chemical reactions within each of the aftertreatment processes.
– Includes all catalysts, filters, dosing valve and sensors
– Includes colored LED’s to demonstrate exhaust gas movement through the system
– A different colored LED indicates each exhaust gas compound
– Adjustable speed progression of LED’s allows for customization to your student exercises
– Compact design for use in all classrooms and labs
– A clear protective cover over the system to prevent contact with catalyst materials
– Instructor can select an automatic mode which cycles through all chemical reactions or a manual mode to go through the stages step by step